Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Cornucopia Of Nonexistence Interview

  •  
  • 1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?
    1: Its a black metal project that was created to be a dark soundtrack of sorrow, bleakness and devastation. There is nothing more to it, really.
    2.Recently you have released an ep, can you tell us a little bit bit about the musical direction you have taken with this recording?
    2: I`d say its Depressive Black Metal, but a more ambient form of it...it goes and hits you deeper in the heart, if you know what I mean. I find the sound of this genre really magical, really out of this world...
    3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you have explored with your music so far?
    3: Mostly desperation, sadness, death and fascination of death...being born, and then just counting back the seconds until one reaches the final goal: death; and anything in between that makes this life, makes this realm so painful and unbearable sometimes. I dont think its going to get any more uplifting for the next recording either.
    4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name Cornucopia Ov Nonexistence?
    4: Cornucopia is a mythological bowl overflowing with goodness, nourishing goods...I think of `existence` sometimes as it is overflowing with emptiness, with `nonexistence`...hence the name: Cornucopia Ov Nonexistence.
    5.For the most part you did all of the musical instruments on the ep, do you feel you where able to accomplish your goal without a full band?
    5: I think so, although playing and writing music is a constant learning process, so the "Next One" is always more evolved and better sounding. However, I had a massive chunk of help from Robin Fencott (friend/guitarist/producer) with the recording and the sound.

    6.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
    6: I haven`t received any interest, and I`m not really looking. If anyone is interested in sharing or distributing my music its great, but labels are business companies in the end of the day, and this type of music does not bring much money for them.
    7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been so far to your music by fans of black metal?
    7: The project itself got released about a week ago, and its picking up good, had some good feedback from musicians as well as from fans of music. Great to see there is a massive networking going on within metal circles!
    8.Are you involved with any other musical projects these days?
    8: Yes, I am. My main band is Chromosome Needle (www.chromosome-needle.com) where I`m doing vocals and there is also a death-grind project I`m working on.
    9.What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
    9: Well, with Cornucopia Ov Nonexistence I`d like to keep things "traditional", following the DSBM sound in one hand, but also add a few more drone and noise elements to it to make it sound more bleak and devastating. Like I said, its always evolving.
    10.What are some bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
    0: I grew up being a massive fan of Nordic Black Metal in general and death metal. Rune Eriksen (a.k.a. Blasphemer - MayheM) or Lord Ahriman (Dark Funeral) were definitely a big influence on me if we are talking about black metal.
    11.Outside of music what are some of your interests?
    11: Nothing interests me as much as music. I do like to cook though, and I love spending my time in nature, away from people.
    12.Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
    12: Keep the Underground alive, and thank you for the interview! I hope that by March next year the new material will be finished, so we`ll have something to talk about again!

No comments:

Post a Comment